Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Turth Must be Spoken: Strengthen The Bearers

There is nothing worst within the Christian community, than a person or group who proclaims their belief in or of a particular biblical principle; preach that principle and expects everyone to live that principle except them. A good example of this can be found in the Seventh Day Adventist Church. This religion is one that propagate Sabbath keeping; however, the members themselves don’t keep the Sabbath. It is true that they hold their main worship sessions on the Sabbath Day; but that is as far as it goes. They meet for church and within the walls it is business as usual. All of the church administrative business and other matter that should have been dealt with by Jehovah’s faithful during the week are left to be done on his Holy Sabbath Day.

Instead of giving back to Jehovah a little of the time he has allotted to us here on earth; our greed have also lead us to also covert his time. We take such to participates in all manner of secular activities while we neglect the commitment we made to him. It is not enough that we break the vow we make to Jehovah, by not devoting the time and the skills that are gifts from him, to do his work, but rather we consciously chooses to desecrate his holy day with such secular activities. All this is done for no other reason but to cover up our unfaithfulness to Yah, the organization and or the individual to whom we have made commitment. So we do the assignment on Yah’s Holy Sabbath Day; trying to look good before man, while we disrespect Jehovah, trample on his laws and disregard his feelings: It all boils down to our image and maintaining the same among men.

According to Genesis the Sabbath is a holy day that was set aside by yah so man will always be reminded of who he is, his role as creator, and all of the things he has promised to his children. In it, human are to set aside or come apart from all their worldly activities and focus on the awesome, wonderful, magnificent and glorious power of the Creator, Redeemer and Holy King. Nothing else should be our minds focused on this day. Our mind must acknowledge his presence; out lips must speak of his glory, his love and his power and our hands must demonstrate his love.

Sabbath keeping is one way that we demonstrates our love for and to Jehovah; we obey Yah because we love him and we love him because he first love us and even when we are not worthy of his love he has been faithful to us. He have made promises that he have never neglected to keep, he have shower us with many wonderful gifts, and he has protected us against evil even when Justice says that we should be killed. These are the reasons why I love Jehovah; these are the reasons why I take of his grace daily to demonstrate my love and my obedience for and to him.

So, when I sat in the church and I heard this young preacher asked Yah to forgive her for trampling on his holy day, and continue with a sermon that was laced with correction and corrective measures that we all should follow; I was moved by Yah to approach her and tell her about the dangerous ground she was threading on by preaching such truth. After which I wrote her the following and send it electronically to her, below is the content of what I wrote.

Hello madam Blake,

How are you? I spoke to you on Sabbath after your sermon; a sermon what I termed “a Martin Luther sermon”. I termed the sermon you preached such because like Martin Luther, your sermon on Sabbath saw you publicly pointing out the hypocrisy of the Seventh Day Adventist church; your employer and you publicly confessing your sins.

I must say it was refreshing to hear such truth coming from the pulpit at Kingsboro Temple Seventh Day Adventist Church and I was elated that Yah used you to present such timely message to his people. The sad thing about the problem on which you have shone a light is: it is a problem that is internationally institutionalized within the Seventh Day Adventist community. Such straightforwardness will anger many people and like Herod, instead of changing their ways, they will see you as a trouble maker, one who is bent on exposing their sins and spitefully causing them public and private embarrassment.

Very often when we are confronted with such dilemma we tend to forget how much we admire the stance of Daniel, the three Hebrew boys, Joseph and the other men and women who Jehovah lead and protected when they were confronted with life threatening predicament and as a results, we abandon His Majesty, the same God who saw his people through the rough times. In doing so we tend to fall prostrate before the feet of powerless man and worship him and in the same breath we consciously ignore Jehovah’s instruction but rather obeying the instruction of him who has no power at all. All this is done in an effort to save our jobs, maintain our social status and to ensure we has the almighty dollar to take care of our needs.

I was moved to bring this your attention, a fact that most preachers of truth often take for granted, which is: when you take on the responsibility to preach truth you are exposing yourself to problems either way. You may get into trouble with Jehovah if you fail to live your admonishment when he revealed his truth to you and you in turn reveal them to his people, a truth that you took upon yourself to teach his people. Or you will get into trouble with your fellow men your bosses, your peers and your adversaries when you chose to live what you preach and do just what his majesty Jehovah instructs you to do.

Let me take this opportunity to pray your strength in the lord, so he will give you the strength to keep on directing his children aright.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often wonder, if most people who are called by the name of Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ really believes that there is a God. At time their action leads me to believe they don't.

1Sam.2:30-31, states: "would always be my priests. But I will honor those who honor me, and I will despise those who think lightly of me. 31The time is coming when I will put an end to your family, so it will no longer serve as my priests. All the members of your family will die before their time. None will reach old age"

This is serious business.

Anonymous said...

“Therefore, the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I promised that your branch of the tribe of Levik would always be my priests. But I will honor those who honor me, and I will despise those who think lightly of me. 31The time is coming when I will put an end to your family, so it will no longer serve as my priests. All the members of your family will die before their time. None will reach old age. 32You will watch with envy as I pour out prosperity on the people of Israel. But no members of your family will ever live out their days. 33Those who survive will live in sadness and grief, and their children will die a violent death.l 34And to prove that what I have said will come true, I will cause your two sons, Hophni and Phinehas, to die on the same day!

35“Then I will raise up a faithful priest who will serve me and do what I desire. I will establish his family, and they will be priests to my anointed kings forever. 36Then all of your surviving family will bow before him, begging for money and food. ‘Please,’ they will say, ‘give us jobs among the priests so we will have enough to eat.’”